1.7.5 cannot bg mintty

cy.20.superconductor@xoxy.net cy.20.superconductor@xoxy.net
Tue May 18 04:07:00 GMT 2010

I sometimes forget to append a & when opening a new mintty from an
existing mintty. With rxvt this was never a problem, just ^Z and bg in
the parent terminal (my shell is bash  3.2.49-23). This doesn't seem to
work for mintty (0.6.2-1) though - although it seems that the job has
has been put into the background it never becomes possible to type
anything into the newly spawned terminal window after ^Z has been used.

If I spawn an rxvt from a mintty (or indeed an rxvt from an rxvt) using
^Z and bg works without any problems. I can't see anything obviously
different in the output of stty -a between my rxvt and mintty.

If I start a mintty with a &, fg it and then bg it again, the same
effect occurs - it becomes impossible to type anything into the child
mintty.

I can an alias to avoid tripping myself up on this all the time, but it
seemed worth querying. Is there something I'm missing or a setting
needed somewhere to make mintty background-able (or indeed does anyone
else experience this behaviour?)

Thanks,

Paul