Cygwin visual brand

Andrew Schulman schulman.andrew@epamail.epa.gov
Tue May 18 15:34:00 GMT 2010

> Could Christopher and/or Corinna please weigh in on this?  There seem to be
> a lot of ideas and energy behind this project, but I don't think the
> discussion can go much further until we hear from them.
>
> Is either of you interested in having a redesign of cygwin.com?  What would
> be your criteria for an acceptable redesign?

The silence is deafening, and a bit dispiriting.  My reading of the list
traffic on this question is there's broad agreement that a redesign is
overdue and would provide a nice benefit to the project.  All we have to do
is make some decisions about what we want, and we have kind offers of help
to make it so.

But I don't think we can proceed without some buy-in from the project
co-maintainers.  If they don't want it or don't like the result, it'll go
nowhere and be wasted effort.

So my questions remain.  Christopher and Corinna, if you don't think a
redesign is a good idea, then please tell us that.

Thanks,
Andrew.