[local fix] Executable bit check

Illia Bobyr Illia.Bobyr@ronin-capital.com
Fri Nov 5 23:10:00 GMT 2010

On 11/4/2010 7:36 PM, Illia Bobyr wrote:
> [...]
>
> I'm looking at git-svn tests and they assume that "chmod -x abc&&  test
> ! -x abc".  And it does not hold on Cygwin.
>
> [...]

Thanks to Eric Blake and Larry Hall I found a workaround for my git
build environment.

Instead of doing just

     git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git.git

I did the following:

     mkdir git
     cd git
     getfacl . | grep 'user::\|group::\|mask\|other' | setfacl -f - .
     git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git.git .

This way the root git folder is stripped of any additional items in the
ACL list except the basic user, group and other entries.  These settings
are propagated to all the child files and directories created during
checkout.

If the ACL contains only the three basic entries "chmod -x abc && test !
-x abc" holds.

Thank you :)