Syntax highlighting not working in vim73

Mon Nov 8 23:45:00 GMT 2010

On 11/8/2010 5:46 PM, Harrington, John wrote:
> I recently upgraded vim in cygwin from vim63 to vim73.  I am running cygwin
> (with vim) on a Windows XP (version 5.1, sp3) machine.

> What should I try next?  Thanks.

Back to basics I guess.  On a machine I had vim 7.3.003-1 on and without
any color configuration (or .vimrc or .vim), I edited my .bashrc file,
which came up without syntax highlighting.  Typing ":syntax on" turned
on the syntax highlighting.  If moving all your configuration files out
of the way and trying the simple test above doesn't work, then please
follow-up with the list using the problem reporting guidelines found
here - <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>.

Holliston, MA 01746