Perl DateTime::Locale and Params::Validate woes

Marco Moreno mmoreno@pobox.com
Thu Nov 11 22:40:00 GMT 2010

FYI - I spent all day figuring out a problem with installing the Perl module DateTime::Locale.  Turns out that Reini's suggestion from long ago fixed it as described here: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2008-07/msg00144.html

I was then able to install DateTime::Locale successfully.  I later used cpan to "force install Params::Validate" to regenerate the offensive .dll - now all is well without having to resort to the pure-perl version.

Note that I don't know whether my Params::Validate was installed originally via the cygwin 1.7.7 installer or whether it got installed thru cpan.

Hope this helps someone...

Marco Moreno