perl debugger v5.10.1 in CYGWIN_NT-5.1 1.7.7(0.230/5/3) 2010/-08-31 -- is hanging

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Sat Nov 13 14:59:00 GMT 2010

Justin Amburn schrieb:
>> You have a wrong PERL5LIB=C:\Program Files\ActiveState Perl Dev Kit>6.0\lib + oracle in your env
>
>> Please unset PERL5LIB if you want to use cygwin perl.
>
> Thanks for the reply, Reini. Unsetting PERL5LIB, however, hasn't
> made  the perl debugger stop hanging. In addition, I installed Cygwin
 > on another computer where perl debugger works, and started comparing
> environment variables line by line. This is what I have so far in my
> non-working environment, after cleaning up the variables:
>
> $ env
> HOMEPATH=\Documents and Settings\justin
> MANPATH=/usr/local/man:/usr/share/man:/usr/man:
> APPDATA=C:\Documents and Settings\justin\Application Data
> PERLDB_OPTS=RemotePort=127.0.0.1:2000

RemotePort debugging? That looks now like a different problem.
I remember vaguely that this was just fixed recently.

Are you sure that you have a debug server running at port 2000? Looks
like ActiveState Perl Dev Kit uses such a beast, and therefore they
cannot talk.

Do you really need that? (In only know komodo, mod_perl, Enbugger injection)
unset it if in doubt.

--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/  http://murbreak.at/