NetAPP / cygwin 1.7.7-1 avoid Recycle BIN dot files

koerner.sebastian@t-online.de koerner.sebastian@t-online.de
Wed Nov 17 16:32:00 GMT 2010

Hello Corinna,

 Oh, btw.  In your OP you claimed that you have netapps for which Cygwin
 returns "cifs" and other netapps for which Cygwin returns "vfat" as
 filesystem.  The above one is clearly one of the "cifs" type.

 Here's the question: Do you *really* have some for which the latest
 Cygwin 1.7.7 or the latest snapshot returns "vfat" and are they *really*
 netapps?  In theory I'd expect that those are just remote FAT FS on some
 remote Windows machine, and they shouldn't be affected by the reported
 problem.

I just checked and think I must have something mixed up.
Under 1.7.7-1 both netapps are listed in "mount" as cifs and in getVolInfo as FAT with pretty much the same attribute set.

If wonder: If this really is a netapp Bug - are you in contact with them?

Best regards
Sebastian

Ohne Brief, aber mit Siegel. Mit Telekom De-Mail vertraulich und rechtsverbindlich online kommunizieren. Jetzt registrieren! www.telekom.de/de-mail