1.7.7.1: cygwin incompatibility with Win7 x64

Gerrit P. Haase gerrit.haase@gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 19:29:00 GMT 2010

On 21 November 2010 13:00, Dr. Rudolf Hauber <Rudi> wrote:
>After installation of cygwin 1.7.7.1 via setup.exe on a Win7 x64 I get the failure message:
>Unsupported 16-bit Application: This version can not start or run on  due to incompatibility with 64-bit version of Windows.
>
>What can I do?
>Thanks
>Rudi

Hello Rudi,

you get this error when you do what?

The shortcut on the desktop is a link to a batch file, this file
contains something like this:

C:
chdir C:\cygwin\bin
bash --login -i

So maybe you open a cmd shell, enter the above three commands and see
what happens then?
If this works, then something with batch file processing is broken on
you system.
Or do you get the same error when you call Bash directly?

Regards,
Gerrit