scp just spews usage

Ken Jackson cygwin@jackson.io
Sun Nov 28 09:59:00 GMT 2010

On 11/27/2010 09:28 AM, Brian Wilson wrote:
> I had a similar issue.  It seems that some updates do not complete successfully under the circumstances you describe.  I
> suspect there is an issue with shells failing to run successfully as I often have to try several times before I can get
> Cygwin to open a bash shell successfully.  Others require a reboot (and you need to watch the messages for this
> information).

I find that I get best results if I first run the windows command
(from either CMD or bash):

     net stop sshd

and then exit all bash shells and cygwin apps,
and then run Cywin setup.exe.
I then restart with:

     net start sshd

If you are running other services, like cron, you would have to
stop them similarly.

-Ken