Slowdown after update on Win32 (XP Home)

Fri Oct 1 00:38:00 GMT 2010

On 9/30/2010 7:19 PM, Michael Ludwig wrote:
> I'm seeing a painfully noticeable slowdown on my system. I must have
> contracted this slowdown last week. My Cygwin is up to date as of now,
> October 1st, 01:00 CET
>
> Starting a MinTTY (or rxvt, for that matter) from the icon I've placed
> in the start menu does not take the usual two or three seconds, but may
> take as much as a whole minute. During this startup attempt phase, I can
> see various bash processes with different PIDs bubbling to the top in
> taskmgr. I've seen up to three of them at the same time when my MinTTY
> was trying to start as the first Cygwin process, so there should have
> been no other bash processes around.
>
> This is Win32, XP Home SP3.
>
> I hope this description is helpful in debugging this issue.

Could you provide the information requested by the problem reporting
guidelines: <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>

My WAG is you're suffering from changes in the new version of
bash_completion.  If you don't use this, uninstall it.

Holliston, MA 01746