emacs-23.2-3 and DBus

Michael Albinus michael.albinus@gmx.de
Fri Oct 8 15:14:00 GMT 2010

Ken Brown <kbrown@cornell.edu> writes:

> So I think the bottom line is that, at least under Cygwin, users
> should make sure the system bus is running before loading dbus.el.

That's recommended under any system.

Btw, in order to play with a "real" application, I've tried secrets.el
from the trunk, combined with emacs-23. The precondition is
gnome-keyring, which is installable from cygwin's repository in a recent
version, fortunately.

I've played a little bit with the examples given in secrets.el, using
the session keyring ("collection" in its terminology). It was working
fine.

> Ken

Best regards, Michael.