Which CHOST?

Al oss.elmar@googlemail.com
Mon Oct 11 21:01:00 GMT 2010

Hello Eric,

thank you.

> I'm not sure what you meant by CHOST - it's not an environment variable that
> I'm familiar with.  Who expects it to be set?  Did you mean target triplet?

I wasn't aware that is so specific for the gentoo build tools. Yes,
there it is a central environment variable.

>> It is i686-pc-cygwin1.7 according to this posting from Eric:
>>
>> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2009-02/msg00669.html
>
> That patch was rejected upstream.

Instead your posting became the origin of the official $CHOST setting
for  Gentoo/Cygwin. :-)

I file in a bug report to switch it.

Al

--
Caution crosser:  Runnig Gentoo/Prefix on Cygwin/Vista.
All stupid questions are related to that context.