x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++ can't find -ldl

Eric Blake eblake@redhat.com
Mon Oct 11 23:27:00 GMT 2010

On 10/11/2010 05:23 PM, kenny@ca wrote:

> I'm using x86_64-w64-mingw32 in cygwin as 64-bit compiler to build 64-bit
> applications. Functions like dlopen(), dlerror(), etc., are used in codes.

There's your problem.  x86_64-w64-mingw32 is a cross-compiler.  It
compiles mingw executables, not cygwin executables. And mingw lacks
dlopen.  You'll never get this to work.

If you want to compile 64-bit cygwin apps, then help us develop a 64-bit
cygwin dll first.  But for now, ALL cygwin apps are 32-bit, because
cygwin has not yet been ported to 64-bit execution.