Full screen mode (with "bash").

Claude Sylvain csylvain@electro-technica.com
Fri Oct 15 14:28:00 GMT 2010

  Hello,

- Some months ago, when I upgraded from Cygwin 1.5.x to Cygwin 1.7.x,
   I noticed that "bash" was no more working in 80x25 resolution, when in
   full screen mode (doing [Alt][Enter]), but at higher resolution.
   At first glance, that was great.  But, this is a real nuisance when
   working with some applications.  Because these applications do not work
   well in resolution higher than 80x25.
   Also, when switching back to window mode, video characters corruption
   can appear :-(

- I done many search without finding any solution or clue to be able
   to restore full screen resolution to 80x25.

- Is this change to higher resolution in full screen mode is really
   due to upgrading from Cygwin 1.5.x to 1.7.x, or it is just a
   coincidence ?

- Is adjusting full screen mode back to 80x25 can be done through Cygwin,
   or through Windows ?

- I currently run Cygwin 1.7.x on Windows XP Professional.

Claude