LS_COLORS filetype color definitions are ignored

Thayer Williams thayerwilliams@gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 00:59:00 GMT 2010

On 16 October 2010 13:35, Marco Atzeri <marco_atzeri@yahoo.it> wrote:
> --- Sab 16/10/10, Thayer Williams  ha scritto:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm having trouble getting any of cygwin terminals to
>> render LS_COLORS
>> values for filetypes. Directories, links and executables
>> are rendered
>> in color, but individual files (zip archives, movies, etc.)
>> are
>> displayed all in one color. Found some years-old solutions
>> on google,
>> but none have worked.
>
> on my PC after
> eval "`dircolors -b /etc/DIR_COLORS`"
>
> all the zips come red
>
> Regards
> Marco

Thanks, it's good to know it works for someone; that convinced me it
was something wrong on my end and it was.  For some reason, every
single file under 'My Documents' has 700 for perms and thus
executable.  Dropping the x bit shows the colors as expected.  Now to
figure out why they're all executable...

Thanks again,

Cheers