Connection timed out

David Sastre d.sastre.medina@gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 12:43:00 GMT 2010

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 12:37:09AM -0700, KeithLaw wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have set up the ssh server(cygwin) and it works fine for "ssh
> [username]@localhost" in my command prompt  at server but it doesn't work
> for "ssh [username]@192.168.x.xx" which is also localhost. I have turned off
> all the windows firewall.
>
> The error message is:
> ssh: connect to host 192.168.x.xx port 22: Connection timed out
>
> Would appreciate if there is any advice.
> Thanks.

Hello,

First off, can you ping that address? can you telnet that port?
Is it listening?

$ ping 192.168.x.x
$ telnet 192.168.x.x 22
$ netstat -an | grep LISTEN

If those tests work as expected, double check the ListenAddress parameter in
your sshd_config, your /etc/hosts file, and then try running:

$ ssh -vvv [username]@192.168.x.xx

to see if you can find additional info to debug your problem.

HTH

--
Huella de clave primaria: 0FDA C36F F110 54F4 D42B  D0EB 617D 396C 448B 31EB