Fwd: Windows File permissions are not being inherited - Cygwin 1.7 - Windows 7

Vasya Pupkin cygwin@bsrealm.net
Thu Sep 2 02:09:00 GMT 2010

Because I prefer to keep things under control. And I don't think it
will require a huge amount of work to disable working with permissions
in setup.exe with command line switch. I started to worry about it
because cygwin failed so much with permissions, having both
cygwin-specific and inherited ones (copied) at the same time,
resulting in complete mess. A non-privileged user could modify cygwin
configuration files in /etc and it was not possible to do something
about it. That is when I decided to control permissions myself, but
cygwin setup overwrites permissions on every install, including files
in /etc, messing up everything.