.exe magic in Cygwin

Eric Blake eblake@redhat.com
Thu Sep 2 20:23:00 GMT 2010

On 09/02/2010 02:06 PM, Al wrote:
> I first compiled coreutils without the cygwin patch. It did compile
> but afterwards the compilation of findutils, etc. was broken. For
> example configure.status of wget was truncated at the top and out of
> order at the bottom. That stopped all further efforts of mine.
>
> Now I applied that big patch.

How?  The only supported way of building coreutils for cygwin is by
using setup.exe to download the sources and several prerequisite tools
(cygport, autoconf, ...), then using 'cygport coreutils-8.5-1 prep
make'.  Other ways work, but I won't support them on this list.  See
also /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/coreutils.README.

> copy.c complaints an error of an undefined reference ot
> 'cygwin_spelling'. Guess that is a library I have to install.

Sounds like you didn't run autoreconf (which would have been done
automatically via the supported mechanism).