1.7.5: Occasional failure of CreatePipe or signal handing due to thread-unsafe code in cwdstuff::set

John Carey aeolus@electric-cloud.com
Thu Sep 2 23:32:00 GMT 2010

In Aug 17 10:15, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> I just released 1.7.6-1.
> What changed since Cygwin 1.7.5:
> ================================
>
> - Cygwin handles the current working directory entirely on its own.  The
>   Win32 current working directory is set to an invalid path to be out of
>   the way.  This affects calls to the Win32 file API (CreateFile, etc.).
>   See http://cygwin.com/htdocs/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#pathnames-win32-api

Thank you very much for the fix!

I've been running tests against Cygwin 1.7.6, and then 1.7.7,
and those sporadic, non-deterministic failures in CreatePipe
did stop after the 1.7.6 upgrade, and are still gone in 1.7.7.
I think it's been long enough to conclude that it is not just
the non-determinism--it really is fixed, as expected.

I understand that this issue opened a can of worms;
thanks again for your efforts to overcome those difficulties.

-- John