Oddities with file deletion on CIFS drive

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah@zimbra.com
Thu Sep 9 04:45:00 GMT 2010

--On Wednesday, September 08, 2010 7:12 PM -0700 Quanah Gibson-Mount
<quanah@zimbra.com> wrote:

>> That covers all the obvious things for me.  I'd recommend taking a look
>> at the SAMBA server to see if user IDs are mapped correctly.  Also, I
>> know there were some problems in the past with older Samba servers, bugs
>> and all.  Make sure you're using a current version there.  It may be
>> worthwhile to look at the permissions and owners from the Windows
>> perspective too.  If that doesn't get you anywhere, I'd recommend filing
>> a full problem report on your follow-up to the list.  See the link below
>> for full details:
>
> I don't think the CIFS server is using Samba, actually.  It is a Celerra
> storage array from EMC
> (<http://www.emc.com/products/family/celerra-family.htm>), and in this
> case, it isn't hooked up to an AD server like they usually have them.

Hm, looks like it does use smb, based off google.  But I have no idea what
version of Samba it ships with.  I'll see if I can find out from out
networking team.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount