distro "apache2" will not start

Sat Sep 18 11:32:00 GMT 2010

On Sep 17 16:14, David Rothenberger wrote:
> On 9/17/2010 3:16 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> > On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 09:37 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >> The apache2 package is orphaned for this long period of time already.
> >> Maybe it's time to pull it from the distro, unless somebody would
> >> like to take over maintainership.
> >
> > Apache2 is too important to lose from the distro, so:
> >
> > http://cygwin-ports.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-ports/ports;a=tree;f=www/apache2
> >
> > I'm AFK until Sunday, so that's the best I can do right now.
>
> I'll continue to include subversion-apache2 in my releases until apache2
> is actually removed (if ever). I've confirmed I can build subversion
> without apache2 and can do some testing of the http client with a native
> apache2/subversion server, so I'm good to go either way. If apache2 is
> ever removed, just remove subversion-apache2 as well and I'll adjust on
> my next release.

I'm not going to remove anything until this is settled.

It's just sad that almost every time we need a package maintainer, it's
Yaakov who has to step up.  Yaakov is an excellent package maintainer
but there's only so much a single person can do and Yaakov already
maintains hundreds of packages.

If there's anybody here who would like to contribute to this project,
please give the idea to maintain a Cygwin package a whirl.  Especially
taking over maintainership of an orphaned package would be very helpful
for the community as a whole.

For a start, see http://cygwin.com/setup.html and the "ORPHANED" packages
in the text file http://cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint

Thanks,