xfig with cygwin

Wed Sep 22 00:37:00 GMT 2010

On 9/21/2010 7:12 PM, Dwilewicz, Roman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using xfig on Windows machines (xp and 7). In the last year or two
> I have problems with figures when I draw patterns and then export them.
> Namely in the dvi or ps files, the lines or some parts of patterns
> become so thick that the pattern is not recognizable, actually half
> black. It seems that it is not a problem of xfig, because if I run it on
> a unix machine and export the figures (eps, pstex etc), then everything
> is ok. I have not had this pattern problem before 2009. Is there some
> bug in cygwin or maybe somewhere else?

Unless it's obvious to you (it's not to me) that this is not X-related,
I recommend that you ask first on the cygwin-xfree list.  That list
handles X-specific questions and issues.  If the end result is not
it is not X-related, the issue can come back to this list at that point.
I would also recommend compiling a full problem report as outlined by
this link: <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>

Holliston, MA 01746