strange crashes on invocation

Heath Kehoe hkehoe@budcat.com
Fri Sep 24 21:21:00 GMT 2010

> On Sep 24 11:31, Heath Kehoe wrote:
>> The path is correct. I have no explanation why changing from a
>> filename to a pathname (and LoadLibrary to LoadLibraryW) would make
>> any difference, unless there's a race condition, say if
>> LoadLibrary[W] is a bit faster when you give it a full path.
> That doesn't make sense.  It's the LoadLibraryW call itself which is
> failing with error 998, "Invalid access to memory location".
>
> Hmm.  Puzzeling.

Well, another difference is the addition of PATH_MAX*2 bytes on the
stack. Those functions do some stack manipulations that I'm having
trouble grokking. Does 'ret' need to be topmost on the stack?

As a test, I moved the 'ret' definition after that of 'dll_path' (in
std_dll_init). So far with that change, I have not seen the LoadLibrary
fatal error, though I need to test it more to be sure.

-h