[ANNOUNCEMENT] Testing: mintty-0.9b2-1

Ryan Johnson ryanjohn@ece.cmu.edu
Mon Sep 27 16:38:00 GMT 2010

  On 8:59 PM, Andy Koppe wrote:
> mintty 0.9b2-1 is on its way to the Cygwin mirrors. This is a test release.
>
> a .zip can be downloaded from http://mintty.googlecode.com.
FWIW, I've been using a home-built mintty-0.9b2 from googlecode all day
with no problems (loving extended mouse mode!). I swear I just checked
setup.exe two hours ago, but I'll check again and switch to official one
when I get a chance.

FYI, it looks like you can enable extended mouse mode manually (echo -ne
'\e[?1005h'), and it persists across normal mouse mode sessions. This is
handy because
(a) emacs-23 can use it out of the box and
(b) it works around gnu screen intercepting and ignoring the escape sequence

> Xterm compatibility:
> - 'Extended Mouse Mode' as introduced in xterm #262 is now supported.
> This allows row/column positions greater than 255 (and up to 2015) to
> be reported, in case you do get that 30'' monitor ...
Woohoo!

Regards,
Ryan