git stopped working with 1.7.1

Kevin Layer layer@franz.com
Mon Sep 27 18:27:00 GMT 2010

Eric Blake <eblake@redhat.com> wrote:

>> > Only people who experience the problem can diagnose, debug, and fix it.
>> > git works fine for me under cygwin-1.7.1 (Vista, NTFS), so...
>> >
>> > Has the cygwin git maintainer been able to verify/reproduce the error?
>> > If not, then there's no way he can help you.
>>
>> I have sometimes seen the problem, but it has never been a show-stopper
>> for me (I fall back to http cloning), and, so far, it has not percolated
>> high enough to the top of my TODO list to be worth the investment of my
>> time on it.

I notice it is still broken (as of last week when I updated to the
latest versions of everything and tested it).

Any further news on when will be fixed?

As for it not being a show-stopper for you, I just want to point out
that there are many of us out here that do not have the luxury of
switching to HTTP cloning when this fails.  So, for us, it's a
show-stopper that requires us to use putty to use git at all.

Thanks.

Kevin