64bit (g)fortran JNI

Jerry DeLisle jvdelisle@frontier.com
Wed Apr 13 10:55:00 GMT 2011

On 04/12/2011 07:38 AM, Hans Horn wrote:
> Folks,
>
> has anybody got any experience interfacing (g)fortran routines with Java via JNI?
>
> I'm on 64bit Windows7 using cygwin
> x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc and x86_64-w64-mingw32-gfortran, both v4.5.2
>
> Java: jdk-6u24-windows-x64
>
> Even though I can statically link the JNI code successfully (using gfortran as
> linker), calling any native method from Java crashes the JVM - even when no
> fortran code is called at all.

What do you mean by native method?  Are you trying to call Fortran procedures
from Java?

In what way does it crash?  Can you get a back trace from a debugger?

Jerry

PS I have no experience with this, just asking some questions to glean
additional information. Fortran calling conventions are no exactly the same as C.