bash died waiting for longjmp before initialization

Ryan Johnson ryanjohn@ece.cmu.edu
Thu Apr 14 14:24:00 GMT 2011

I haven't had bash crash on me, but I do get other fork-related errors
on my win7-x64 system. You might try running the attached testcase (make
&& ./fork) a few times to see if it reproduces the problem.

For me it usually complains about access violations during the fork and
sometimes dies waiting for longjmp, with the culprit being two dlls
which want to load at the same address.

The usual advice most likely applies: rebase your system (a workaround
which usually prevents the condition that triggers the bug... until you
run setup.exe again).

Regards,
Ryan