Cygwin DLL 1.7.9 on Windows 7: Can't create files/folders on network drive

Paul Paul.Domaskis@gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 20:06:00 GMT 2011

Paul <Paul.Domaskis <at> gmail.com> writes:
>Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:

>>> Is "exchanging
>>> the DLL" merely overwriting the DLL file with the new one?
>>
>> Yes.  But keep a copy of the original, just in case.
>
> Works like a charm.  Thanks, Corinna.

Correction.  It works except when doing a "cp -p" e.g.:

   cp -p /c/Local/Path/File.txt /i/network/path/File.txt

I have write permission at both the source and destination.

On the other hand, using tar to transport a file from the local directory to
the network directory seems to work:

   cd /c/Local/Path
   tar cf - File.txt | ( cd /i/network/path ; tar xf - )

P.D.