/etc/fstab

Fergus fergus@bonhard.uklinux.net
Thu Aug 11 06:47:00 GMT 2011

I think the required line in /etc/fstab is
none / cygdrive user,posix=0 0 0
but actually (here, ages ago, shortly after 1.7 was first presented) I
deleted /etc/fstab entirely*.
To achieve your particular purpose, which I like too, I just have
/bin/mount -c "/"
in ~/.bashrc, so that C:\ is /c/, E:\ is /e/, and so on.
* I haven't a clue what this file does or why it matters. But nothing
seems broken. Not that I am recommending this approach (I'm not in any
position to recommend anything) -- but it works fine for me and has
permanently removed a nagging worry (as in "What Is This and Why Does It
Seem To Matter So Much?")
Fergus