cssh not working with 1.7.9-1

Thu Aug 11 16:25:00 GMT 2011

On 8/10/2011 11:26 PM, Lenny Miceli wrote:
> I'm new to cygwin and installed it to run cssh on my windows 7 64-bit
> system. I tried to search the mailing lists and FAQ for this error but
> didn't get any hits.
>
> After installing cygwin and cssh I get the following error whenever I try to
> cssh to a host. In the example below I changed the IP of the host to the
> string "a_hostname".
>
> $ cssh a_hostname
> Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion
> Cannot determ pid of 'a_hostname ' window
> Cannot determ window ID of 'a_hostname ' window
> Use of uninitialized value $win in concatenation (.) or string at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10/App/ClusterSSH.pm line 900.
> Lost pid of a_hostname ; deleting
>
> The following person submitted a ticket to the cssh bug tracker that details
> everything very well. There a person responded that cssh works fine under
> cygwin 1.7.8 but not under 1.7.9.
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3284857&group_id=89139&atid=589145
>

> Can anyone help me or is this a bug that may get fixed soon?

'cssh' is not a package that comes from cygwin.com and as such,
discussion of its issues is off-topic for this list.  However, if
you want to experiment to see if the issue reported is something
related to the Cygwin package itself, you can try a recent snapshot
to see if that helps.  See <http://cygwin.com/snapshots/>.

--
Larry