Best way to repair cygwin?

LMH lmh_users-groups@molconn.com
Fri Aug 26 16:21:00 GMT 2011

You can select "re-install" in the package manager. Just toggel the icon
next to "All" (at the top) until it reads "re-install".

I like to keep a back up of anything I have added or configured, such as
the path folders and such. That way, if I have to wipe out the cygwin
folder and start again, it is not so much trouble. I would be nice if
the package manager could dump it's current state to an xml file or
something like that so I don't have to remember everything I have
installed. Maybe there is a feature like that, but I'm not aware of it.

I don't know if re-install keeps your configurations or not, so that is
something to find out about or prepare for.

LMH