Machine very sluggish while compiling

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Mon Dec 5 22:25:00 GMT 2011

> Anyway, stoppping the PCA service and setting its start mode to "Manual"
> does the trick for me.

It does the trick for me too.  For a long time I've been unable to build
emacs using cygport's default for parallel make (-j5 because I have 4
cores).  When I did this, I would either have the computer freeze (and I
would have to shut it down with the power button) or else I would get a
BSOD.

Since stopping PCA, the problem seems to be gone.

Ken