[ANNOUNCEMENT] CALL FOR TESTING: Cygwin 1.7.10

Tue Dec 6 17:46:00 GMT 2011

On Dec  6 15:39, marco atzeri wrote:
> >A lot of changes and fixes have been made in Cygwin since 1.7.9 has
> >been released, so we're looking forward to release Cygwin 1.7.10 soon.
> >[...]
>
> Hi Corinna,
> I have the impression that 20111124 is working better than 20111129,
> and that 20111204 and 05 have some additional problems.
>
> On 20111129, building atlas on W7/x64 I see the custom config
> spinning and never ending, while on 20111124 is goes smooth.

I can't say a lot about the FIFO stuff, but as far as these weird hangs,
busy or not busy, are concerned, they were one of the problems we
tackled in the last couple of days.  Personally I ran a lot of tests now
and I can't reproduce these hangs anymore with 1.7.10.  I had a spurious
hang when starting tcsh from mintty two days ago but I couldn't
reproduce this one either since then.

> On 20111204 and 05, I see forking problems on octave with
> some puzzling message about fifo issues. Rebaseall is ineffective.
>
> I will look to build some simple test case for both problems.

Yes, that would be helpful.

Corinna

Red Hat