[ANNOUNCEMENT] CALL FOR TESTING: Cygwin 1.7.10

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Wed Dec 7 16:55:00 GMT 2011

Am 07.12.2011 14:03, schrieb Ken Brown:
> On 12/6/2011 10:22 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 09:51:32PM -0500, Ken Brown wrote:
>>> On 12/6/2011 3:02 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>> - When I finally get tired of waiting and kill mintty (and the
>>> associated bash process) from another terminal, mintty leaves the
>>> following stackdump on the desktop:
As a side note, I don't think applications should leave log files, stack
dumps etc on the desktop. The same applies to setup.exe (if started from
the desktop, where many people tend to place their downloads).
Maybe the Cygwin Terminal shortcut should get a working directory added
(currently it has none), e.g. the cygwin /tmp directory, to prevent this.
Thomas