"Bad address" error while building cygwin with make -j2

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Wed Dec 14 18:15:00 GMT 2011

On 12/14/2011 1:06 PM, marco atzeri wrote:
> On 12/14/2011 4:22 PM, Heiko Elger wrote:
>
>> make: *** read jobs pipe: Bad address. Stop.
>> make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
>> make: INTERNAL: Exiting with 1 jobserver tokens available; should be 2!
>
> I saw the same issue building another program on W7/64
>
> I noticed that it happens on very high loaded machine so I doubt it
> will be easily reproducible.

Could this be the same Program Compatibility Assistant problem that was
discussed in

   http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2011-12/msg00058.html ?

If so, there might be improvement in recent snapshots as a result of the
following change:

2011-12-07  Corinna Vinschen  <xxx@xxx>

	* spawn.cc (child_info_spawn::worker): Add CREATE_BREAKAWAY_FROM_JOB
	to all spawned processes.  Explain why.

Ken