[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: OpenSSH-5.8p1-1

Hans Horn hannes@2horns.com
Tue Feb 8 21:43:00 GMT 2011


On 2/8/2011 1:06 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Feb  8 16:02, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
>> On 2/8/2011 3:54 PM, Hans Horn wrote:
>>> Corinna,
>>>
>>> Last week I updated openssh to 5.7p1-1, just to realize that I cannot connect
>>> anymore. Reverting to 5.6p1-2 solved the issue.
>>>
>>> Saturday I updated to 5.8p1-1 finding the same failure to connect as with
>>> 5.7p1-1. Unfortunately 5.6p1-2 is not among the setup choices anymore.
>>>
>>> How can I get openssh 5.6p1-2 back?
>>
>> If you're only interested in how to get back to 5.6, you could try the
>> "Cygwin Time Machine".  Google for it.  You might also have it locally
>> in your download directory.  You could point 'setup.exe' there and install
>> from it instead of the network mirror.
>
> But, of course, it would be more helpful in the long run if you would
> try to track down the problem.  I'm using 5.7p1 and 5.8p1 without any
> problems, as client as well as server.  If you go back to 5.6p1, you
> switch off yourself from further development.  If there's some bug or
> incompatibility in your setup, you will never find it.  If there's a bug
> in OpenSSH, it might never be found either.
>
> Corinna

Trying some of the more recent revisions listed on the "Cygwin Time 
Machine".
e.g. ftp://www.fruitbat.org/pub/cygwin/circa/2011/01/11/194023

All give me "Unable to get ...setup.bz2.sig" and
then "Unable to get ...setup.ini.sig".

What gives?
H.



--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple



More information about the Cygwin mailing list