Accessing folders elsewhere than C:\cygwin
Andrew Schulman
schulman.andrew@epamail.epa.gov
Wed Feb 9 15:53:00 GMT 2011
> I have Cygwin mounted conventionally under Q:\cygwin.
> I would like to access files under Q:\else.
> But (for example) ls ../../.. only ever attains \cygwin (and lower).
> I can use ls /cygdrive/q/else/ (and lower) but this means knowing the
> drive name (in this case Q:)
Well at some level you're going to have to know the drive name - either in
the path you specify, or in a mount point or a symlink.
> I don't much want to change mount points which are currently
> conventionally defined.
> Is there a way I can get to Q:\else without knowing the drive name Q:?
You don't have to change any existing mount points, but you can add a new
one in /etc/fstab, e.g.
Q:/else /else some_fs binary 0 0
Or create a symlink:
ln -s /cygdrive/Q/else /else
--
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list