Preremove/postinstall scripts fail with snapshot installed

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Sat Feb 12 00:26:00 GMT 2011


On 2/11/2011 4:22 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
> If I run setup.exe with a cygwin snapshot installed, bash crashes while
> running all preremove and postinstall scripts.  Here's a typical error
> message in /var/log/setup.log.full:
>
> 2011/02/11 15:56:55 running: C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe --norc --noprofile
> /etc/preremove/emacs-X11.sh
>         0 [main] bash 2760 exception::handle: Exception:
> STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
>      1739 [main] bash 2760 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to
> bash.exe.stackdump
>
> I can reproduce this on two different Win7 machines, but the problem
> doesn't occur on a third machine running XP SP3.  I'm attaching cygcheck
> output from one of the Win7 machines, as well as a bash stackdump.
>
> I've tested this on the latest snapshot (2011-02-07) as well as the
> 2010-12-01 snapshot.  I haven't yet had a chance to test earlier
> snapshots to see where the problem first occurs, but I'll try to do that
> over the weekend.  The problem does not occur under cygwin 1.7.7.

OK, the problem first occurs in the 2010-10-18 snapshot.

What's really puzzling is that I've been running snapshots for quite a 
while, and this problem didn't show up until today.  I have no idea what 
changed.

Ken


--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple



More information about the Cygwin mailing list