svn

Eliot Moss moss@cs.umass.edu
Mon Feb 14 14:37:00 GMT 2011


On 2/14/2011 7:25 AM, Gary wrote:
> Eliot Moss wrote:
>> On 2/14/2011 3:11 AM, Gary wrote:
>>> David Rothenberger wrote:
>>>> If the files checked out in both directories are byte-for-byte
>> identical
>>>> (including binary files), I can't see how svn could be the culprit.
>>>
>>> If I can replace svn in the sequence with something else, for example
>>> tortoise, and everything then works, then Cygwin/svn *is* the culprit.
>>
>> Not necessarily ... it could be the underlying ssh, if you are using
>> svn over ssh, and it could be BLODA interfering with cygwin ...
>
> And yet not doing it with another client? It's not really very likely,
> is it?

In the fall of 2009 I was having a problem with rsync over ssh.
Corinna and I got to the bottom of it: BLODA interfering with
proper operation of socketpair. In the process, I found that if
I disabled socketpair manually in the output of /.configure for
building rsync, forcing it to use pipes instead, it worked fine.

We have had occasional but persistent queries here about git
over ssh, and you are reporting issues with svn and ssh. I am
wondering if it has something to do with the sockets/pipes
used to communicate between svn or git and the ssh subprocess.

Best wishes -- EM

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple



More information about the Cygwin mailing list