Preremove/postinstall scripts fail with snapshot installed

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Tue Feb 15 17:29:00 GMT 2011


On 2/15/2011 12:09 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Feb 14 17:41, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Feb 14 10:20, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>> On Feb 13 18:07, Ken Brown wrote:
>>>> On 2/13/2011 12:20 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
>>>> $1 ls
>>>>        0 [main] bash 2220 exception::handle: Exception:
>>>> STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
>>>
>>> Yes, I encountered that at one point yesterday as well, and I have
>>> already a patch in the pipe, but didn't apply it so far because I
>>> want to do some tests first.
>>> [...]
>>> Anyway, I'll apply a patch later today.
>>
>> Nope, not today.  I stumbled over some other problems which require
>> more debugging.
>
> I just uploaded a new snapshot which (hopefully) fixed a couple of bugs,
> including this one.  Please give it a test.  If you encounter something
> weird, please report.

Works fine so far.  The last bug I reported is fixed, and 
preremove/postinstall scripts run OK under setup.exe.

Ken

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple



More information about the Cygwin mailing list