mutt cygcheck status "Incomplete"

L Anderson lowella@mvseac.com
Wed Feb 16 21:14:00 GMT 2011

L Anderson wrote:
> Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
>> On 2/16/2011 3:29 PM, L Anderson wrote:
>>> I have been unsuccessful getting 'mutt' to install without always
>>> showing
>>> "Incomplete". Using 'setup', neither "re-install" nor "delete/install"
>>> fixes
>>> the problem. I install from my local directory which I keep current
>>> using
>>> rsync.
>>

>> <snip>
>>
>>> Package Version Status
>>> Missing file: /etc/Muttrc.setupnew from package mutt
>>> Missing file: /etc/mime.types.setupnew from package mutt
>>> mutt 1.5.20-1 Incomplete
>>>

>>> Does this mean there is a 'mutt' packaging problem or ???
>>
>> Check the postinstall script in /etc/postinstall (mutt.sh). It
>> might move these files which will make cygcheck think they are
>> missing.
>
> The only entry in '/etc/postinstall' related to 'mutt' is 'mutt.sh.done'
> which, if I understand things correctly, means that mutt was installed ok.
>
> I did a search on my entire cygwin installation and could not find
> either of the two missing files. The only place I can find them
> referenced is in 'mutt.lst.gz', which is just what 'cygcheck' uses to
> determine that 'mutt' is incomplete.

whoops!  I reread your email and realized I didn't answer the question
you were getting at.  Here is what 'mutt.sh.done' contains:

#!/bin/sh
backup_maybe() {
     if ! [ -e $1 ] || ! diff -q $1 $1.setupnew >/dev/null 2>&1; then
	mv -f $1 $1.old 2>/dev/null
	mv -f $1.setupnew $1 2>/dev/null
     else
	rm -f $1.setupnew