Mg3a - a version of Mg2a developed on Cygwin

Wed Feb 23 09:29:00 GMT 2011

On Feb 23 10:11, Bengt Larsson wrote:
> Bengt Larsson wrote:
> >As I mentioned in an earlier message I have been developing UTF-8
> >support for an editor, Mg2a. I chose to call it Mg3a.
>
> The README:
> ------------
> This is Mg, formerly Mg2a, formerly MicroGnuEmacs. It was extended by
> Bengt Larsson to deal with CRLF/LF and UTF-8, plus some other small
> extensions. The original README and documents are in orig/. The
> extensions as well as the original, with some exceptions mentioned in
> the original README, are in the public domain.
>
> Enjoy your GNU Emacs-like editor.
>
> If you are on Cygwin, Mg defaults to CRLF line endings. You may want
> to set them to LF by putting this in a file .mg in your home
> directory:
>
>   (set-default-mode "lf")

I'm not an Emacs user, but IMO LF should be the default on Cygwin.
It's also the default in vim.  After all, Cygwin is a UNIX-like
environment in the first place.  And textmode is usually handled
transparently by the underlying mount point, unless you open the
file explicitely in binary mode.

Corinna

Red Hat