Please test latest developer snapshot

David Rothenberger daveroth@acm.org
Fri Feb 25 23:25:00 GMT 2011

I realize this report won't be terribly useful, but I did encounter
a problem with the latest snapshot. I have a local git
repository. With the snapshot, "git log" produces:

      0 [main] git 4944 C:\cygwin\bin\git.exe: *** fatal error - could not load C:\WINDOWS\system32\winmm.dll, Win32 error 487

This works fine up through the 20100924 snapshot and starts to fail
on the 20100926 snapshot.

This only occurs on some of my git repositories. I was not able to
reproduce it using the latest snapshot by just making a simple
repository, adding a file, then running "git log".

This is on Windows XP Pro in case it matters (32-bit, all patches
installed).

I wish I could be more helpful and provide a test case to reproduce
it.

"The geeks shall inherit the earth."
                -- Karl Lehenbauer