cvs server setup

Tue Jan 25 19:06:00 GMT 2011

On 1/25/2011 2:04 AM, David Billinghurst wrote:
> On 25/01/2011 5:57 PM, Hans Horn wrote:
>> can anybody point me to some current doc on how to setup a cvs server
>> under cygwin?
>
> I run an sshd server under cygwin and access cvs using ssh.  This was
> easy to do --- once I read the documentation.  This provides remote
> access for file transfer (scp and rsync), other source code control
> systems (svn and hg), etc with a single service and firewall rule.

Yes, using the cvs pserver is not really supported on cygwin.  There
have been sporadic reports that it works (and that it doesn't) -- but
you're basically on your own (but try this:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/server/cvsserver.html ).

It's both more secure and easier to just set up an ssh server, and use
the :ext: protocol instead.

--
Chuck
cygwin cvs maintainer