Still on target for imminent 1.7.8 release? [was Re: Enable dfp routines in compiler support lib]

Dave Korn dave.korn.cygwin@gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 05:11:00 GMT 2011

[ First attempt to post to the main list was blocked because of a bad keyword
in the subject; trying again on the theory that the word "BID" might have been
what tripped the spamfilter. ]
[ Nope, that wasn't it.  Second try. ]

On 26/01/2011 01:20, JonY wrote:
> On 1/26/2011 09:44, Dave Korn wrote:
>> On 25/01/2011 16:16, JonY wrote:

>>> I noticed cygwin has dfp enabled in dfp.m4, but no such associated
>>> symbols in libgcc. t-dfprules seems to be missing in the makefile fragments.
>>   Yeah, I wasn't going to add that until it was clearer when the next Cygwin
>> release is due out.  If we check this in straight away, nobody will be able to
>> build GCC without having to go to a CVS or snapshot release of cygwin, because
>> they won't have fenv.h installed.
>>
>>   Last time I checked(*), the plan was for 1.7.8 in January.  Both January and
>> the time available for getting this in before 4.6 branches are ticking away
>> quickly.  Could you perhaps ping the cygwin list for us and check that a
>> release is indeed imminent?  If confirmed, this is OK.
>>
> I didn't know fenv.h was required, as I've only noticed the BID routines
> missing when actually using the dfp features. Looks like there was more
> to this.
>
> Hey cygwin-devel, any plans for fenv.h release in 1.7.8?

  We already have fenv.h in CVS, so it will be in 1.7.8 automatically.  That
means this isn't really a -devel thing, so redirecting:

  Hey, main list!  Are we still expecting 1.7.8 by the end of this month?

    cheers,
      DaveK