PATH with spaces

Tim Prince n8tm@aol.com
Sun Jan 30 18:09:00 GMT 2011

On 1/30/2011 6:34 AM, Sunoki wrote:

> $ make
> cygwin warning:
>    MS-DOS style path detected: /usr/local/bin/C:\Program
>    Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /usr/local/bin/C:/Program
>    CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this
> warning.
>    Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
>      http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
> Can't find C:\Program on PATH.

I suppose you will meet reluctance, as it will be difficult to "help"
until you have read the advice and formed a clearer idea of what you are
trying to do.
Yes, the warning comes about in part due to the use of an unquoted path
with spaces.
The primary purpose of cygwin is not for the use of "native" Windows
applications.  In case you do want that, a useful possibility is to set
up the paths correctly in a command prompt window for the Windows
applications, then run the cygwin.bat so as to superimpose the cygwin
environment.

--
Tim Prince