Qt Creator & static libqt-mt.a

Phil Bouchard philippe@fornux.com
Wed Jul 13 02:54:00 GMT 2011

On 7/12/2011 10:41 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:

> You don't need to distribute the Qt DLLs, just have your users get them
> from the distro.

I meant some people would like to distribute an executable to systems
with no Cygwin or Qt installed.

> False.  While some plugins can be builtin to the libraries, the
> following absolutely require plugin support:
>
> - CJK language support,
> - QML (QtDeclarative),
> - QCA,
> - QtDesigner widgets,
> - Phonon,
> - third-party QStyle engines,
> - and last, but not least, KDE.

What I am trying to say is to include both the DLL and the static
library in the package, this way we'll be able to use Qt Designer and
linking the final executable dynamically or statically.

As it is right now I've been rebuilding Qt from source 2 or 3 times
because the configure script deletes all objects files when it's run and
each build took 96 minutes.  Not to mention I had the following bugs:
http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-20342?focusedCommentId=158621#comment-158621