run.exe 1.1.10: Does not hide cmd window under Windows 7 x64

Garrett Cooper jugbugs@gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 20:11:00 GMT 2011

run.exe 1.1.10 does not hide cmd window under Windows 7 x64.

Details:

Prior to a recent upgrade to Windows 7 x64 I have been using run.exe
to launch svn+ssh commands in Tortoise SVN for years.  After the
upgrade I installed cygwin including openssh and run.exe and noticed
that all commands still execute normally but the command prompt window
is no longer hidden (primary function of run.exe)

Test Case:

Click Start
Cick Run
Type: run.exe ssh <some server> (assuming you are in cygwin/bin)
Notice window pops up

Thanks.