Cygwin Startup Problem

Daniel Colascione dan.colascione@gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 11:56:00 GMT 2011

On 7/28/11 12:24 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> On 7/28/2011 3:01 PM, Ed____ wrote:
>>
>> Quite often when I open a Cygwin session when it runs a .bashrc script it
>> will show errors of basic commands not found. For example pwd or ls  returns
>> command not found when I type it at the command prompt. When I reboot the XP
>> PC everything is fine for a couple of days.
>
> Sounds like it could be BLODA. <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA>
>
> Otherwise, read and follow the problem reporting guidelines found
> here:
>
> <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>

Is there some test suite that can detect the bugs commonly introduced by BLODA?
 Pinpointing problems, e.g., "CreateFile doesn't properly interpret
FILE_FLAG_OVERLAPPED pipes", would be useful not only for users trying to run
reliable systems, but for developers trying to make sure their programs don't
interfere with the rest of the system.