Rsync and FAT32

Wed Mar 9 16:35:00 GMT 2011

On 3/9/2011 10:38 AM, Panos Katergiathis wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I am getting all too tired with rsync messing up permissions as i
> backup my linux servers to my windows 7 machine.
> So, a simple question: if i use a fat32 partition for storing these
> backups, can i hope that i will stop seeing various "permission
> denied" errors?

Unless someone on this list is seeing the exact same problem you are
and has found a solution (which is possible), I expect no one else will
be able to provide an answer to your question.  It might be better to
submit a problem report to the list following the guidelines of the
link below.

If you do this, it will enable others who haven't experienced
the problem you're seeing to reproduce it, understand it, and fix it or
provide some insight for existing solutions or workarounds.  Just a
thought.

--
Larry